November 14, 2014

The Cat Who Chose Us and Other Stories

I had an author interview scheduled for today, but the author never got back to me, so I'm sharing the details about the anthology, The Cat Who Chose Us and Other Stories.

This collection was put together by Kyra Lennon. I contributed "The Great Kitty Rescue," a true-story about how I came to own my four cats. My mom, Elaine Kaye, also contributed a mystery titled "Here, Kitty, Kitty." Many other authors from our blogosphere also participated.

Here's a full list of authors:

Annalisa Crawford
Kyra Lennon
M.J. Fifield
Laura Sheridan
Jennifer Bird
Laura Clipson
Chrys Fey
Elizabeth Seckman
Nick Wilford
Sarah Foster
Elaine Kaye
D.R. Cartwright
C. Lee McKenzie
Carrie-Anne Brownian
Gwen Tolios
Clare Dugmore
Crystal Collier


BLURB:
 

The Cat Who Chose Us and other Cat Stories is a collection of short stories, true life stories, and poetry put together by a group of successful, cat-loving authors from all over the world. Slip between the pages and you'll find a variety of feline tales to amuse, entertain, and warm your heart. From grand rescues, to special surprises, there is a story for every kitty fan. All profits from the sale of The Cat Who Chose Us and other Cat Stories will be donated directly to your local branch of Cats Protection to help needy cats across the UK.

GET YOUR PAPERBACK COPY FOR $9.72!

BOOK LINKS:

Help us help cats! Spread the word!

***

And for a little fun, here's a few pictures of my boys:

Cole makes every box into a bed. That's his blankie
 he's sleeping with. It used to be a lace curtain until he
kept tearing it down. haha


Otis is so cute when he sleeps.


Milo likes to hide.


Clover looks like he passed out while reading.


Have a furry day! :D


54 comments:

  1. That cat anthology was a great idea.
    So much for your lace curtains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but Cole is happy and when I see him with the lace curtains, I get happy. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww, such sweeties! Sounds like a fun project, Chrys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great cause. Glad to be a part of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cat has been gone for over a year. It was just too sad. I still look for her under my desk when I'm writing. Yours are cuties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Susan! I sent lost my Rosie. She was 18 years old.

      Delete
  5. The book sounds good. Cat's always provide entertaining stories! Sounds like it's for a great cause, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do! And yes, this is a great cause! :)

      Delete
  6. The cats look so cute. Like the idea of the Anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cats. I think my daughter would love that book. Another Christmas gift found.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be downloading this!!!!!! HUGE cat lover right here. Adopted my special little Penny this August when my Pudding passed and I thought I'd die from the pain. Penny has saved my life! Your boys are precious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be wrong, but I think this is only available in print. I'm a huge cat lover, too. My cat Rosie passed away a few months ago. She was eighteen, so it's nice have my four boys. :) Thanks, Beth!! And hi, Penny!! :D

      Delete
  9. Aww beautiful pictures! I need to get myself a copy of this, I can't wait to read all of the stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww they're so cute!!!
    And that collection sounds great, I'll go check it out! :D

    Yay for being at home and the cooler weather! I need my writing focus back too, glad yours is here!!! Happy writing ;)

    You Had Me at Hello—Guest Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome idea indeed. They all look as comfy as can be. I guess there are many uses for curtains lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, this is a great idea! The pictures are sooo cute of your kitties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! :) I love sharing pictures of my kitties.

      Delete
  13. Just say the word "cat" and it will be a hit. Early in my bloggin' on the flipside, I did a post about a cat and it got four times the views I was getting.

    My son informed me, "Cat, mom. Cat. Duh."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are popular. Everyone (or almost everyone) loves them. ;)

      Delete
  14. I love this post, cats I am very fond of, I once had a diabetic cat who needed two shots of insulin a day, I was hearbroken when I had to say goodbye to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry! She had a good. loving home though and that's what matters. <3

      Delete
  15. You have so many cats. The most I ever had was three.

    I've been wanting to read Kyra Lennon's cat anthology. Now I have another reason to do so.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, when I was growing up I had a lot more than 4. ;) I have four now because I rescued them together and couldn't find homes for any. Now I can't split them up.

      Have a beautiful weekend, Vanessa!

      Delete
  16. How fun! Your little kitties look like they have great lives.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww, thanks for sharing those super cute pics !!!
    I do love the title of the anthology !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The title for the anthology is actually the title of one of the stories in it. I believe it's Sarah Foster's story. :)

      Delete
  18. Sounds like the purrrfect gift for a cat lover.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet kitties. I have 3.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a fun collection. I got some good snuggle time in with our two cats this weekend. There are a few benefits to colder weather...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when it gets cold, my cats cuddle with me as well. :)

      Delete
    2. I suppose I might resent their using me for body heat... but then, so does my wife.

      Delete
  21. Cute!! Your cats are adorable, and this sounds like a really sweet, heart-warming animal anthology. Animal stories are my favorite :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I remember hearing about this anthology and wanting to get a copy and then I managed to forget about it. So glad you posted about it! Heading off to get my copy now. I can't resist animal stories. :)
    And your cats are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. November 25th, 2014

    Hi Chrys,

    I'm looking for a place to leave a comment to thank you for visiting my Nov-post for IWSG.

    Cute cat pics. But you may have gathered from my blog, that I love cats.
    =^-^=
    Best wishes,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Anna!

      I love befriending fellow cat lovers. :)

      Delete